Thursday, December 21, 2017

Guest Design: Valentine Penguins by Anika Lerche

Hey stampers, Anni here, with another post as a guest designer for Gerda Steiner.
I am so happy to show you another card with the super cute Valentine Penguins - I had so much fun playing with this set.


I started by die cutting circles of a rectangle of white cardstock. These work as windows for the cute penguins to look through.

Onto my cardbase I added a little bit of ink blending. I used to shades of Distress Ink - Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick - a combo I learned from a friend - I wouled have never used these two colours together but I really like the effect.


Then I stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and fussyc ut three penguins from the set. For the colouring I chose colours that would match my background. And of course "penguin colours" like black, white and orange for the beak and the feet. I added some highlights with a white gel pen and deepened the eyes with a black gel pen.


I stamped a sentiment from the set Llama Tell Youonto the rectangle with the circles and adhered  to my cardbase with dimensional adhesive. Then I arrenged the penguins to peak out of the windows.


This is my last post as a guest designer for this month. So let me wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Anni

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!