Friday, October 28, 2016

Prismacolors and Gamsol featuring Playful Kittens

Happy happy Friday, friends!  We made it!  It's Tara and to celebrate the arrival of the weekend I want to share an adorable friendship card that I created using the Prismacolors and Gamsol coloring technique on the super sweet Playful Kittens stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs.



I started with a sentiment that stretched all the way across my card so that I could use the line as the "ground" for my cute little kitties.  Be sure to use a waterproof ink when doing this technique since the Gamsol will smudge it otherwise.  I chose Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.
  

This coloring technique is super easy and always produces really great results!  By putting your color down around the outside of your image and using your blending stumps and Gamsol to blend in to a lighter center you create a really soft, dimensional look.  Tip: To get the old color off of your blending stumps and to sharpen them keep a piece of fine grit sandpaper handy!


To compliment the sweet kittens I chose a feminine patterned paper from Simple Stories and used both sides of the double sided pattern.  I just love the floral on the inside of the card!


Check out the video tutorial for a comprehensive look at how this card came together!  As always, thank you so very much for joining me and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  See you again soon!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!