Saturday, February 20, 2016

Spring card in a box

Hello everyone, Jeanin here with the second card I made as a Guest Designer for Gerda Steiner Designs. There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to create the basic shape of this card, so I won't go into detail here. What's important is that the box includes two flaps in the inside to which you can adhere all your images to.



For my card I stamped the chicken, hen, butterflies, a few flowers and the grass on white cardstock and colored them in with Spectrum Noir markers. After cutting the images out, I adhered the grassy borders directly to the box and the flaps in the inside of the card and the flowers behind the grass using glue dots. To the other images I adhered strips of acetate so they can move around more or less freely. I like to use acetate because you aren't really able to see the strips. For that reason the butterflies look as if they are flying in the box' scene. I placed my images on the different layers of the card and adhered them thoroughly


I also included white panels to the inside of the card. The panels where slightly smaller than the flaps. On the front panel I stamped the sentiment "Hello Spring" in a lime green color which matched perfectly with the patterned paper panels on the outside of the card.

Again, thank you so much for having me. It was so much fun to create these projects with this fun and adorable stamp set!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!