Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Video: Create An Autumnal Background

Hi crafters! Today I'm featuring a new clear stamp set Happy Fall. It has a ton of fun and cute squirrel images that are perfect to create a fall themed card. Of course, I know you are creative enough to use it the entire year around and I can't wait to see what you make with it.


As you can see, I employed the same technique that Jennifer McGuire recently showed on her YouTube channel. And I have to say, those embossing folders really create an incredible dimension. I had not expected the effect to be as fantastic as it was.


To make the cute image stand out against the very colorful background, I chose to leave for the tag simple and white so it would pop against the color. The coloring was done with Copic markers, which have become my medium of choice if I want to do some easy and fast coloring. It's incredible, if somebody would've told me that a year ago, I would have laughed :-)

I hope you enjoyed the card and the video. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you make my day!

2 comments:

  1. I have that very embossing folder and never used it. What a shame. Now I definitely will because with that shimmery paper it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love this card! Fantastic job. Love those stuffed little cheeks. LOL Thanks for sharing now to find this folder ;-)
    XO Nana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!